Tuesday 19 January 2016

In case you cannot sleep! by Hassan Qadri

It was 3 am and a chilly night; I was in bed ready as ever to turn my sleep mode on, but there was a slight problem: I couldn’t sleep!....my mind would not shut down, it was teeming with the happenings of the past week; as always I was just waiting for the lights inside my head to turn themselves off, but that was not happening for me. Maybe I was having an episode of Insomnia; or maybe my sleep deprivation had more of a current reason….I had been using my laptop consecutively for 4 hours just before I decided that it was about time to take a nap….or maybe the meet up I was scheduled to have tomorrow with my school friends, whom I hadn’t seen for 5 years, had something to do with it…..Unlike most people I knew myself very well, so I was sure that my train of thoughts would duly hit its destiny and finally my nerves would have time to form those synapses that the damn neurologists are so proud of, but nothing seemed to work………….suddenly…………an idea came to my mind, why not make use of this time? I have already wasted a couple of hours waiting for my processors to cool off. To cut a long story short I thought about reading a book to make a more productive use of my time, but which book should I read…maybe this one…..what about that one……eventually I ended up opting for the book I have been reading for the last 6 months, although it comprised of a couple of hundred pages but I had still managed to put off its completion, so I picked that book up and was in bed once more, opening up the book I was saying to myself that It will be nice to have a sense of closure by at last finishing this book………………procrastination is such an evil……………………..how come I haven’t finished this book already…..it’s such a gem………………………………...…I will definitely work on restoring my reading habit………………………………………………..……..I have not been reading much lately……………………………………………..………………and I was fast asleep………….    

No comments:

Post a Comment